New dinner parties, outdoor lunches and renovated tasting spaces unveiled
Healdsburg, CA – Culinary-focused Jordan Vineyard & Winery, committed to wines of balance and elegance since 1972, announces its 2021 schedule of events and official reopening. Highlights of the Healdsburg winery’s events calendar include nature hikes around its 1,200-acre estate, the return of the French bistro-style lunch launched in 2020, Harvest Lunches open to the public for the first time, three outdoor prix fixe dinners and the first-ever Big Bottle Winery Dinner. Outdoor tasting experiences resume May 1 after multiple remodels undertaken during the pandemic.
For the first time since November, Jordan will welcome guests back with four Earth Week Hikes to showcase the biodiversity of its estate, as well as newly seeded and planted pollinator sanctuaries. On May 1, the winery officially reopens for daily tastings and unveils its grand Library and adjoining Cellar Room, under renovation since April 2020. In June, the Estate Tour & Tasting, a three-hour moveable feast, returns for the first time since 2019 with new interior and landscape design features at Jordan Vista Point, the mountaintop where the experience culminates. From spring through fall, Jordan will host themed culinary events on select days, including a spring-inspired dinner, a summer dinner with garden views, a new live-fire cooking demonstration dinner and a new fall dinner featuring large-format bottles.
All culinary events and tasting experiences have been adapted to meet social distancing requirements. Guests must continue to wear face coverings in compliance with state mandate. Event tickets will be sold in advance at www.jordanwinery.com/events. Reservations are now being accepted for all daily tastings at www.jordanwinery.com/visit.
For prices, dates and other details, view highlights below.
2021 Jordan Winery Tastings & Events Calendar
- Earth Week Hikes, April 22-25, 2021, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. $110 [SOLD OUT]
- A four-mile hike across the 1,200-acre Jordan Estate through open spaces and vineyards, over hilltops and around lakes and new pollinator sanctuaries. The experience culminates on the winery terrace for a charcuterie picnic with wine pairing, featuring Jordan Chardonnay, Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, special selections by Journeyman Meat Co. and a beautiful salad with fresh vegetables and greens from the Jordan garden, as well as foraged edibles from the estate.
- Estate Hiking Adventures (Spring), May 7-8, 2021, 9:45 a.m.-2 p.m. $110 [May 8 SOLD OUT]
- Immerse yourself in nature with a Sonoma hiking excursion at Jordan Estate, featuring mountain views, vibrant vineyards and a wine pairing picnic. This moderate hike passes through woodlands, pastures and sustainably farmed vineyards before a break at Vista Point, the highest hilltop of the 1,200-acre estate. Guests will visit the newly planted pollinator sanctuaries, chef’s garden, apiary and farm. The experience concludes on the winery terrace for a charcuterie picnic with wine pairing, featuring Jordan Chardonnay, Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, special selections by Journeyman Meat Co., and a beautiful salad with fresh vegetables and greens from the Jordan garden and the estate.
- Taste of Spring Dinner, May 29, 2021, 5:30-9 p.m. $200 [SOLD OUT]
- Celebrate the season of new beginnings with an elegant wine dinner event on the Jordan Winery terrace, with the grand chateau and rolling hills as the backdrop. The alfresco evening begins with a socially distant reception featuring the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, followed by five decadent courses by Executive Chef Todd Knoll and the Jordan culinary staff. Each course will blend modernist techniques with French tradition while showcasing the beautiful spring ingredients from the Jordan garden and local farms—all paired with multiple vintages of Jordan Chardonnay and Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Paris on the Terrace, May 1-August 29; October 1-17, 2021, 12 p.m. $110
- Travel to France without leaving California with Jordan’s newest alfresco dining experience, which returns for a second season. Guests will enjoy classic Parisian bistro fare with a California twist, including freshly baked bread with Jordan Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jordan Garden crudité, a salad of Jordan Garden greens, hors d’oeuvres du jour, a charcuterie and cheese platter with house-marinated olives and spiced nuts and dessert. Featured wines include the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, Jordan Chardonnay and two vintages of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon. Offered Thursday through Sunday from May through August and again in October.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/outdoor-winery-lunch/
- Vineyard Tasting, May 1-October 31, 2021, 10:30 a.m. $75
- In 2018, Jordan Winery planted 9,352 cabernet sauvignon grapevines across from its chateau for the first time in its history. Now, wine lovers can enjoy this six-acre vineyard with glass in hand as part of Jordan’s Vineyard Tasting. The 90-minute experience features tastings of Jordan Chardonnay and three vintages of Cabernet Sauvignon paired with artisan salumi made in collaboration with Journeyman Meat Co. Hosted Thursday through Monday from May through October.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/wine-tasting-with-a-view/
- Library Tasting, May 1-December 17, 2021, 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. $45
- Relax in Jordan’s newly renovated Library and its hidden Cellar Room*, where guests enjoy Jordan wines with food pairings and artisanal cheeses. A Sonoma wine tasting experience that transports guests back in time with antique books and vintage wines. Offered seven days a week. *Library Tastings will be hosted outdoors until indoor dining capacity restrictions are lifted.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/sonoma-wine-tasting/
- Estate Tour & Tasting, June-October 2021, 9:45 a.m. $135
- The ultimate Healdsburg wine tour. A three-destination food and wine pairing experience across Jordan Estate culminates at Vista Point, which received a mini makeover during its pandemic closure. The glass tasting room atop Jordan’s highest hilltop has a remodeled dining room with individual tables and newly landscaped entrance, including a pollinator sanctuary. Hosted Thursday through Monday from June through October.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/healdsburg-wine-tours/
- Winery Dinner with a View, July 17, 2021, 5:30-9 p.m. $200
- Indulge in an intimate winery dinner party with a view in Healdsburg. Two terraces, situated above the Jordan chef’s garden and the rolling hills of Jordan Estate, will become a pop-up outdoor dining room for the night. Guests will be seated at their own private tables, placed thoughtfully to take advantage of the hilltop views. The evening begins with a welcome reception featuring the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, followed by five inventive courses by our chef, showcasing beautiful ingredients from our garden and local farms. This alfresco culinary experience will be paired with multiple vintages of Jordan Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon, including a few of Winemaker Maggie Kruse’s sentimental favorites: 2006 and 2016.
- Reserve after June 11 at 9 a.m.: https://www.jordanwinery.com/event/july-winery-dinner/
- Thrill of the Grill Winery Dinner, August 14, 2021, 5:30-9 p.m. $200
- Enjoy an enchanting evening on the Jordan Chateau terrace, celebrating the intriguing tastes of vegetables, seafood, breads, meats and fruit cooked to perfection over open flame. This alfresco winery dinner begins in Bacchus courtyard with a reception featuring the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, followed by five inventive courses by Executive Chef Todd Knoll and the Jordan culinary staff—each prepared with a distinct live-fire cooking tool and technique. Grills, ovens and smokers used to create the meal will be situated around the terrace, allowing guests to explore the sights and scents of these distinctively different methods. The evening’s menu will blend classic and modernist cooking and showcase the bountiful ingredients from the Jordan garden and local farms—all paired with multiple vintages of Jordan Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Reserve after July 14 at 9 a.m.: https://www.jordanwinery.com/event/august-winery-dinner/
- Harvest Lunch, September 2-30, 2021, 12 p.m. $110
- Experience an alfresco feast celebrating the thrilling grape harvest season in Healdsburg—an annual tradition at Jordan since the 1980s—open to the public for the first time. Harvest Lunch at Jordan showcases the bounty of the Winery Garden paired with the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, Jordan Chardonnay, two vintages of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon and Jordan Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Harvest lunch menus change daily based on what’s freshly harvested and feature an entrée, salads and vegetables, as well as a dessert. The winery chef’s vibrant harvest lunch will be offered Thursday through Monday during the month of September with guests seated at their own tables.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/harvest-lunch/
- Big Bottle Winery Dinner, November 4, 2021, 5:30-9 p.m. $200
- Kick off the holiday season in grand style with the first-ever Big Bottle Winery Dinner, hosted amid Jordan’s towering oak tanks. The evening begins with a welcome reception, featuring the Jordan Cuvée by Champagne AR Lenoble, followed by five decadent courses as the big bottles are hefted from table to table. Each course blends local ingredients with modern California-French flair and showcases delicious fall ingredients from our garden and other local farms. Hosted by John Jordan and Winemaker Maggie Kruse, this festive winery dinner will pair stories of harvest season with two vintages of Jordan Chardonnay and three vintages of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon served in magnum, 3-liter and 6-liter format.
- Reserve after July 14 at 9 a.m.: https://www.jordanwinery.com/event/fall-winery-dinner/
- Estate Hiking Adventures (Fall), November 5-7, 12-14, 2021, 9:45 a.m.-2 p.m. $110
- A guided hike adventure set against the breathtaking backdrop of Jordan Winery’s 1,200-acre ranch during fall foliage season. This moderate hike passes through woodlands, pastures and sustainably farmed vineyards before a break at Vista Point, the highest hilltop of this peaceful 1,200-acre ranch. Guests will visit the newly planted pollinator sanctuaries, chef’s garden, apiary and farm. The experience concludes on the winery terrace for a charcuterie picnic with wine pairing, featuring Jordan Chardonnay, Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, special selections by Journeyman Meat Co. and a beautiful salad with fresh vegetables and greens from the Jordan garden and the estate.
- Reserve after September 24 at 9 a.m.: https://www.jordanwinery.com/events/events-calendar/
- Holiday Tour and Tasting, December 2021, 2 p.m. $70
- Celebrate Christmas in Healdsburg with this festive wine tasting experience at the Jordan Chateau, featuring a seated food and wine pairing, oil olive tasting, winter sweets and more.
- Reserve: https://www.jordanwinery.com/experiences/christmas-in-healdsburg/
About Jordan Vineyard & Winery
Founded in 1972, Jordan Vineyard & Winery was inspired by the great wine estates of France and the timeless connection between food, wine and hospitality. Under the guidance of second-generation vintner John Jordan, Jordan Estate is an extension of these traditions, with its iconic chateau, breathtaking views, sustainably farmed vineyards, natural habitat for wildlife and gardens for the chef’s inventive cuisine, offering a distinctive sense of place in Sonoma County wine country. Learn more at www.jordanwinery.com.